If you care deeply about education, technology, and nature, listen up. Tinkergarten® is an ambitious social venture with roots in Brooklyn NY and western MA, founded by education and tech industry vets, and backed by some of the most influential education and social impact investors in the world. We’re on a mission to ensure all kids are ready to learn, ready to thrive, and ready for anything. We’re growing a technology-enabled network of leaders that bring families everywhere together in a natural space in their community for classes where kids 0-8 learn through play.
If you are an operational leader who can scale both team and culture to provide warm, efficient, and effective support to Tinkergarten leaders and families, we want to talk to you. As our Head of Customer and Leader Support, you’ll manage a high bandwidth operation of collaboration and communication between a core team of support representatives and 2 main clients: our parent customers and our 1700+ and growing team of leaders who facilitate their classes.
This core role at Tinkergarten will guarantee you a chance to:
• Be challenged—You’ll work directly with the founders and a small, mighty central team to build systems, processes, policies and communications that help deliver exceptional consumer experiences to families everywhere.
• Be right at the center—You’ll be the point person for this critical operation that touches all aspects of what we do—service both online and on-ground, learning, technology and marketing.
• Make significant impact—Your work will ensure more families spend time learning together outdoors, and that our next generation of children can lead happy, healthy, productive lives.
• Hire, manage, coach, scale, support and develop a team of talented support representatives to respond and resolve a broad range of leader and customer inquiries and requests.
• Surface trends in customer and leader feedback in order to establish policies, processes and product features that proactively address needs of our growing and diverse set of customers and leaders.
• Track, measure and optimize the operation to resolve emails and phone calls from customers and leaders quickly and effectively.
• Develop, test and track core metrics to increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing personal customer and leader support.
• Nurture a sense of community and core values among your team, existing leaders, and parent customers.
• Manage, use and improve internal and third-party software platforms to handle customer and leader requests.
• Work closely with our software development team to help define new functionality for our internal systems to help your team work more efficiently and effectively.
• Craft external facing help pages, knowledge bases and FAQs, as well as internal-facing documentation to inform and train teammates.
• Partner with other central team managers to ensure your operation is working in concert with other teams.
The ideal candidate:
• Has 5+ years managing and scaling a customer service or account management team.
• Has a passion for both problem solving and helping others. You like making things easier and are energized by interacting with and helping people.
• Is comfortable with a little uncertainty and in situations where things are continually evolving. We move fast, make decisions with the best information available at the time, and learn from our mistakes to quickly correct and continuously improve.
• Is exceptionally organized and can keep many trains running on the tracks all at once.
• Has exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and is able to communicate in the voice of our company.
• Is adept at implementing and adapting CRM and other technology solutions.
• Is capable of managing a team either while in person or while remote, knowing how to build on an established, positive team culture.
• Is excited to work hard, make significant contributions, and is open to learning and improving.
• Wants to make a huge impact during your time on the planet.
Tinkergarten is a distributed team, with members of the team based at the HQ in Northampton MA and several other locations. We’re open to hiring the right candidate in any location, with preference for people based in New York, Boston or locations which support frequent access to our office in Northampton, MA. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams. If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Customer and Leader Support Manager.”
To apply for this job please visit tinkergarten.com.