Shopventory exists to help small and medium retailers thrive by offering the inventory management and reporting tools they need to make informed decisions.
The product is robust, but complex. Ergo, trained support expertise is a must. Helping retailers reach their goals is no easy task, but it’s what we do every day! So we’re looking for generally awesome people to help us out.
As a Shopventory Customer Care Rep, you’ll be helping Customers and Leads navigate our system via email, live chat, and the occasional phone call. As you gain a better understanding of Shopventory, you’ll be encouraged to grow and offer more contributions to help the company grow and develop a better product. Shopventory gives you the chance to make a real impact!
The Ideal Candidate:
Perfect isn’t possible, we know that. You’ll struggle at first and make mistakes, but that’s why we’re looking to train and develop passionate people. Here are the traits we’re looking for:
- You like people and are passionate about your Customers having a good experience — Prior experience in Customer Service is helpful but not required.
- You have superior communication skills — Writing will be most of your job. The ability to express complex things in a simple way is key to your success.
- You know how Retail works — Whether a store or a restaurant or a fashion boutique, you’ve got a better-than-average grasp of the challenges facing the average retail business.
- You are a problem-solver — You can find creative solutions to complex problems, and do so with a smile!
- You manage your time wisely — You love finding opportunities to streamline and identifying better, faster ways to get the job done.
- You question the status quo — The Shopventory team isn’t like most other companies. You’re expected to speak up, disagree, and challenge the way things are done whether it’s to your direct manager or the CEO. A good idea is a good idea, and a bad idea is a bad idea, no matter who it came from.
- You play well with others — Even when questioning the status quo, you still work within the team. We’re friendly and respectful with each other here at Shopventory. We work hard to foster just the right balance.
- You can embrace the occasional “grind” — What we do really is exciting. But even doing something exciting can get repetitive day in and day out, despite our best efforts. You don’t mind a bit of grind every now and then and work hard to bring value to the company, even if it’s not the most glamorous way of doing so.
- You are diplomatic — There are nice ways to say, “that feature isn’t going to change anytime soon”. Shopventory strives to be both robust and user-friendly. We rely on Customer feedback to help guide our design, but sometimes a Customer request just isn’t in the cards in the foreseeable future. You can make someone feel heard and validated without making promises and communicate relevant feedback effectively.
- You get to the root of the issue — You go after the full picture. If a Customer requests a feature, you ask why and what they’re trying to accomplish. There may be an existing feature that will meet their needs in a different way. Data is helpful, but useless without context. You ask the questions that will put you in a position to have all the facts before you proceed.
Bonus points for:
- Fluent Spanish Skills (other languages also a plus)
- Experience in Tech Startups and/or Retail
- Graphic Design Skills
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Stock options
- 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO) moving to 20 days PTO
To apply for this job please visit shopventory.workable.com.