Support Driven is looking for someone with strong organizational and writing skills to manage external communications for Support Driven. Your main focus will be to develop and implement a system for sharing information with our Support Driven community about programs, updates, and content relevant to their support careers. Your fun and personable communications will ensure community members are able to find what they need via their preferred medium: Slack, email, website, blog posts, and social media.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Meaningful Support Driven news and information is available at opportune times via all mediums where SD has a presence.
- Support Driven has documented processes in place for compiling, coordinating, scheduling, and sharing news and updates with the community.
- The processes are easy to hand off to others so communication doesn’t miss a beat if the CMA is absent for any reason.
- Communications adhere to the in-progress Support Driven voice and tone guide.
The Communications and Marketing Associate will work part-time, 20-30 hours per month, to disseminate SD content and news to the Support Driven community and beyond. Hours will vary depending on where we are in the conference cycle, with the 10-12 weeks leading up to a conference tending towards the higher end of the monthly time commitment. We are currently planning for three conferences in 2019: one in spring (Apr 1-2), one in summer (Jul 11-12), one in autumn (date TBD). This is a remote position, and you can work where you like, as long as you have a reliable Internet connection.
- Compose brief messages to introduce and share Support Driven updates in our newsletter(s), on our website(s), and on social media, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter
- Develop and document processes for collecting information, scheduling its sharing, and executing its dissemination
- Assemble and publish Support Driven newsletters using brief updates (written by you) and content you’ve curated from across SD
- Maintain SD Events Calendar with webinars and other activities, and share those activities via online and email outlets
- Maintain conference websites
- Write and manage conference communications via emails to attendees, event app, social media, online updates, and event guide
- Coordinate communications with our partners and sponsors
Nice to have:
- Organize and launch Kickstarter for Expo Europe in early 2019
- Professional experience in communications and/or marketing
- Able to execute written communication concisely, efficiently, and with warmth
- Experience managing multiple communication channels, including email, social media, and websites
- Eager to learn and improve, and willing to adapt as strategies change
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Basecamp, Slack, Twitter, and LinkedIn is great but not necessary if you’re willing to learn
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
This position is initially for six months. At the end of the six months we will come together to evaluate progress, the role, and to determine whether it makes sense to continue working together. You will be responsible for tracking and invoicing your time. Compensation will be billed hourly and paid monthly, up to 30 hours per month. We are happy to discuss rates in the interview, as they will vary depending on experience with this type of position.
HOW TO APPLY
In the email, introduce yourself and:
- Tell us why you want to be the Support Driven CMA.
- Include 3 writing samples demonstrating your qualifications.
- Tell us how you would approach setting up a system to collect and share communications across our programs and with our partners and sponsors.
- Tell us about your favorite email newsletter: what do you love about it and why?
ABOUT SUPPORT DRIVEN
Support Driven (SD) is an online community of more than 3500 members who care deeply about support. We ask questions, share expertise, and help each other via the Support Driven Slack, online and email publications, and at events like SD Expo and SD Leadership Summit.
Support Driven as a company exists to serve the SD community of customer support professionals. We are dedicated to support as a career and to transforming the customer support industry.
Support Driven is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.