Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
You can read through our full company values here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/recent?ogsrc=32
- Leave it better
- Diversity is strength
- Practice self-care
- Hold each-other up
What you will get to do
Support Guides build trust and happiness within the Hipcamp community by responding to camper and host tickets with confidence and empathy by phone, email, and social media. Our Guides are resident experts on the Hipcamp.com platform and typically have a wealth of knowledge and experience with camping in general. The Support Team works cross-functionally with every other team at Hipcamp to bring the voice of the community to the wider company.
Support Guides are on the front lines talking to the Hipcamp community. They report on data and share narratives from customer conversations that inform product and policy improvements. Having an eye for larger trends while providing attentive, human service is at the heart of what we do on the Hipcamp Support team.
- This position will report to Annelise Poda, Head of Support.
- This is a salaried, full-time position This position involves five shifts each week from 1pm-10pm PST (including a 1-hour break).
- Hours may vary from time to time. You will have two days off in a row, with one scheduled shift likely falling on a Saturday or Sunday.
- We value flexibility on our team and rearrange our shifts to be prepared for seasonal busy periods (such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day).
- We also value a healthy work-life balance and organize ourselves to ensure when you are not scheduled, you are completely off and hopefully out enjoying the outdoors!
This role is for you if
- You have two or more years of customer service on your resume.
- You want to join a lean and mean team of three other support guides.
- You are comfortable working 40 hours a week.
- You enjoy the work of fast-paced start-ups or want to join one!
- You are excited about the opportunity to grow at Hipcamp as we encourage you to learn quickly, and take ownership of your growth.
- You are excited to be on the front lines working with our community of Hosts and Hipcampers to ensure their questions are answered, concerns are heard, and problems are solved.
- You are familiar with Slack, Help Scout, Trello, and G Suite or are excited and confident in yourself to learn them.
- You would feel confident in making decisions and working through tickets autonomously, as you will often be working on your own for the quieter evening hours of your shift.
- Even more bonus points if you’ve camped with us before!
Working at Hipcamp
Health is essential to happiness! In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress and making you an overall more awesome human.
We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at partner outdoor companies. Our beautiful office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office when you visit!
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.