Support is Help Scout’s bread and butter. We’re pleased to be searching for our ninth support team member. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, and eager to contribute on the front lines.
About the role
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working remotely without much (if any) oversight.
- You’ll be a product expert in all areas. You’ll spend most of your days sending timely, human replies to questions via email, but you’ll also craft documentation, troubleshoot potential bugs, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers.
- Customer success is a big piece of the pie. You’ll work one-on-one with customers, helping them to get the most out of Help Scout. You might wing unplanned Skype calls and live screen-shares, or schedule meetings to talk about unique use cases.
- We don’t hold you to empty policies or procedures. We expect you to always act in the best interest of the customer. You’ll be given plenty of autonomy to simply do what’s right, no questions asked. With great power comes great responsibility.
- We’re sticklers about the customer experience. We’re always refining and polishing the product to perfection. As someone on the front line, your understanding of the product and our customers is incredibly valuable. You’ll regularly chat with the product team to make sure we’re getting it right.
- Help Scout is focused on the idea of “support-driven growth”, where we emphasize being helpful to our prospects and customers as they pursue their goals. We believe that true sustainable growth for Help Scout is a byproduct of putting our customers and their needs, first. The Support team is one strong part of the Growth team, which means you’ll be actively collaborating with the success, sales and product marketing teams in helping our customers.
- We’re looking for someone who can work hours that overlap with Asia-Pacific time zones. Because we value work-life balance and creating a sustainable position, you must be geographically located in an equivalent timezone to those regions so you do not need to zone-shift or work far outside of normal business hours where you live).
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9a-5pm in your timezone.
- Help Scout is not able to sponsor a work visa for this position, so you must already be authorized to live and work in the area.
- You’re passionate about support. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient. You’re in it for the long haul, and you’re not looking for the “next best thing”. This isn’t your first rodeo, nor is it a stepping stone. We’re looking for someone with at least one year of support experience.
- You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things. You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient and hardy, with an excellent sense of humor. You’re an exceptional listener and educator, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. You’re just as comfortable on the phone or in person as you are in an email. Your writing is clear and simple, with a proper dose of empathy.
- You have rare people skills that allow you to get out in front of problems, and proactively help customers with potential troubles. You’re an empathetic problem solver who goes out of their way to help people always.
- You have a good old fashioned work ethic, day in and day out. You have grit and take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
Competitive Salary – We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider. (currently US only)
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care- 12 weeks for primary caretaker and 4 weeks for secondary caretaker.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Great tools – Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27” display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 70 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft.
We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 8,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/helpscout/46a8ca60-a50c-440b-be96-32b374a3181b →