PART-TIME EVENT COORDINATOR FOR SUPPORT DRIVEN EXPO EUROPE 2019
We are looking for someone who cares about delivering a memorable experience to SD Expo Europe attendees by facilitating valuable content. You will coordinate the logistics of Support Driven’s Expo Europe, which will be held April 1-2 in in Belgrade, Serbia. Residing in Serbia or the Belgrade area is a bonus but is not required. This is a remote position, with a preference for being based in Europe.
We have secured the Crowne Plaza Belgrade for the Expo venue and conference hotel. As Event Coordinator, you will work with their facilities team to handle day-of details and ensure a smooth, worthwhile, and advantageous experience for all attendees. You will also work with organizers and volunteers from the Support Driven to community to deliver a program filled with practical, actionable content for attendees.
ABOUT SUPPORT DRIVEN EXPO EUROPE 2019
Support Driven (SD) exists to serve our community of customer support professionals. SD Expo Europe is one of our primary services to the SD community in 2019. It will be our first conference in Europe.
SD Expo Europe is a multi-track event that will include 20-minute talks and 45-minute interactive workshops. At any given time there will be up to five talks and workshops occurring simultaneously in separate rooms. Topics at SD Expo Europe will range from career development to leadership, from tools to data and metrics, and everything in between.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
At any time in the planning process leading up to the event, you’ll know you’re succeeding if:
- Speakers and volunteers know their responsibilities, are supported, and have the information they need before they need it
- Attendees, presenters, organizers, and volunteers receive answers to their questions within 24 hours
- The organizing team knows at a glance where things are with Expo progress and what you (or others) are doing to carry things to completion
- Deadlines on the scorecard (provided by SD leadership) are being met; if anything is off track, you’ve communicated the obstacle and have a plan to remedy it ahead of the deadline
The coordinator will work with the Support Driven community and with Support Driven leadership to handle on-the-ground organization before, during, and after the event. The coordinator will have the opportunity to attend the event, with transportation and housing provided by Support Driven.
- Be the pre-event Expo point of contact, including managing questions in Slack and via email about the conference
- Meet deadlines laid out in Expo playbook provided by Support Driven leadership
- Coordinate volunteer-led initiatives, including program, schedule, and on-site volunteers
- Collaborate with and provide backup to other organizers (e.g. Talk, Workshop, Volunteer, and Communications Coordinators)
- Research transportation options for attendees
- Coordinate floor plan, layout, food, & beverage with venue
- Communicate internally via email, Slack, Basecamp, and shared spreadsheets
- Be the on-site go-to person for all things Expo at the event
- Work with Communications Coordinator to ensure website is up to date
Nice to Have
- Update playbook as needed
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An excellent communicator, especially via text. You will be working on a distributed team. Clear, frequent, written communication is vital to teamwork and to a successful event.
- Serious about deadlines.
- A doer: when you see something that needs done, you do it.
- Curious: when you’re not sure what to do or how, you’re not afraid to ask.
- Persistent: you know that sending a ping or an email is not always enough. You are inventive, and in case you don’t get an answer, you come up with a plan B and a timeline for executing it.
DURATION AND COMPENSATION
This is a project-based position beginning in October or early November and ending April 15. We anticipate the responsibilities to take 5-10 hours a week, and compensation will be a lump sum paid in two parts: half at the beginning of employment and half upon completion of Expo Europe 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to andrea @ supportdriven.com and cc scott @ supportdriven.com. Tell us:
- Why do you want to be the SD Expo Europe event coordinator?
- Tell us about some experiences you’ve had that would be directly applicable to this position. What qualities did you rely on to make them a success?
- How would you approach a situation when someone you are depending on to complete a task is not responding to you?
- Tell us about a time you were stuck on something or needed help at work. When and how did you communicate the obstacle with other stakeholders? How did you ultimately get unstuck?
ABOUT SUPPORT DRIVEN
Support Driven (SD) is an online community of more than 3500 members who care deeply about support. We ask questions, share expertise, and help each other via the Support Driven Slack, online and email publications, and at events like SD Expo and SD Leadership Summit.
Support Driven as a company exists to serve the SD community of customer support professionals. We are dedicated to support as a career and to transforming the customer support industry.
Support Driven is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.