Who We Are
AdBlock is a small team that serves nearly 70 million users. Our mission is to ensure our users have a worry-free and distraction-free online browsing experience. Our main product is one of the most popular browser extensions worldwide and has been downloaded more than 250 million times. AdBlock works in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge, as well as on Apple macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Our team is distributed across North America. While we have a small office in San Francisco, most of us work remotely. What unites us is a desire to make it easier and safer for users to browse the Web.
What We’re Looking For
As our Director of Customer Support you will be responsible for ensuring we deliver the best possible customer experience for the millions of people who use AdBlock daily.
We are looking for someone who is empathetic and excited to own our support process. Working closely with our content, product, and engineering teams, you’ll be responsible for setting the direction of our support operation and improving the systems we have in place today. You’ll ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently to provide a consistent, responsive, and world-class support experience.
- Determine the future of support at AdBlock, enhancing our existing processes and defining, implementing, and monitoring new processes as needed to make the customer experience as effortless as possible
- Identify appropriate support and knowledge base tools to help us build scalable, low-touch support processes that reach customers where and how they want to be reached
- Represent the voice of the customer, sharing insights from customer conversations and providing feedback to the product and engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with our product and engineering teams to surface product issues and ensure customer feedback is tightly incorporated in new feature development, bug fixes, and product enhancements
- Define and report on the key metrics that help us gauge the effectiveness of our support operation and its impact on the AdBlock business
- Take over the day-to-day responsibilities of running our help desk and contributing to the continual improvement of our knowledge base in conjunction with the content team
- Manage our existing customer support team and help answer tickets to ensure we are responding quickly to customer inquiries
- Empathy, a high emotional IQ, and a passion for advocating for customers
- At least five years in recent customer-facing support roles such as customer support or customer success
- At least three years of recent experience using modern support platforms, knowledge bases or knowledge management systems, and other tools of the trade
- A strong desire to apply everything you’ve learned about best practices in effortless, low-touch customer support to build a world-class support operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A leadership mindset and a love of collaborating with cross-functional teams
Bonus points for:
- Team lead experience, particularly leading a customer support team
- Comfort working independently on remote teams
- A can-do, see-a-problem, fix-the-problem approach
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote, flexible work: work in whatever way produces the best results
- Regular compensation reviews: we reward great work
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) + company match
- Company investment in professional development and training
- MacBook or Windows laptop and whatever equipment you need to work effectively
We’d Love to Work With You
We’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want AdBlock to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We are a small team, and we believe our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting and you live in North America, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject
- Your resume
- A cover letter (feel free to include it in the body of the email you send)
- A sentence or two on our current support efforts (tools, knowledge base, etc.) and what you’d like to do to make it better if you were to join
The AdBlock team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org