The #1 Online Course and Membership Ally For Industry Leaders
AccessAlly is looking for a talented Client Success Specialist to join our fully-distributed team and help support our clients use our WordPress products.
You have a knack for WordPress and CRM automation, with the technical aptitude to learn new things, and the passion to solve problems.
You’ll establish relationships with our clients by listening to their needs, understanding their problems, and providing solutions.
At AccessAlly, we believe that access to education can help defy stereotypes and make the world a better place, while providing a sustainable livelihood for enterprising teachers.
Your Role Matters
Some of the things you’ll be expected to take charge of include: answering technical support questions; helping customers with the set-up and integration of our products on their websites; explaining and demonstrating product features; working as an integral part of the team to create and provide support for products and programs our clients love.
This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly, so your role may grow and expand as things change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The core of this position centers around providing excellent, personalized technical support to our customers and fostering long-term relationships with our client base. Here are some of the specifics of the role:
- Assist customers with all technical support issues related to our software product line, including AccessAlly and PopupAlly Pro.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer questions, with the goal of reaching inbox zero daily.
- Foster long-term relationships with customers to retain and grow our customer base.
- Perform with grace under pressure and maintain composure and friendliness even when dealing with frustrated or impatient users.
- Work independently with minimal daily oversight, while also contributing to and collaborating with a close-knit team.
- Identify, brainstorm, and initiate opportunities to improve or expand training materials, including but not limited to our support database, video and text tutorials, integration and set-up guides, and original webinars and online courses.
- Answer questions in our Facebook communities, making sure that everyone feels heard.
- Spot trends in support questions to make product feature recommendations.
Qualities and skills we’re looking for:
- College degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Mastery of the WordPress platform and general understanding of plugin inner workings
- Experienced understanding of HTML/CSS and how it is used within the WordPress platform
2-3 years in a customer support role
- Self-starting, highly motivated
- A naturally gracious and patient – but thick-skinned – demeanor
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Software development experience, with a proven ability to understand the tech side (even if you’re not a developer)
- Familiarity with AccessAlly products (being a customer/user is a major plus!)
- Familiarity with CRMs such as Infusionsoft, Ontraport, ActiveCampaign, Drip, or ConvertKit is a plus!
This is a full-time employee position, beginning with a trial to ensure a good fit. While this is a virtual, work-from-home position, it is not short-term. We are committed to building a world-class team culture, and want someone equally dedicated who will grow with us for many years.
We’re a heart-centered team of dedicated, disciplined A-players and we need you to be too. If the potential for more ownership and room to grow into the team sounds exciting, keep reading.
You can be located anywhere, as long as we’re in compatible timezones for team communication.
AccessAlly is a tight-knit company with remote team members across the US, which means that constant communication is key. We communicate through Slack, Asana, and short stand-ups and meetings via Uberconference — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
As a remote team, we believe that regular in-person meet-ups are important for getting to know each other better, so you should be available for 1-2 company-paid team trips per year.
What you need to know about your new team:
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Our time as a team is precious and you’ll need to uphold strong boundaries, and discern what needs our attention and what you can handle on your own.
We’re a Type A team with a lot of heart, and we care equally about your happiness and getting results.
We keep our commitments.
We spend our company money wisely, and re-invest into the business.
We appreciate fast communication turnaround time, but we generally prefer to take week-ends off and recommend you do the same.
Wondering if you should apply?
If you’ve got an entrepreneurial side, we welcome that! If you like to work autonomously, you’re great at managing your schedule, and creative problem solving… you should apply.
If you’re already familiar with AccessAlly, and maybe you’ve used it yourself or with clients… you should apply because we’d love to speak with you.
If you have your own business, and you’re not sure if you want to leave it aside to join us… we’d love to speak with you, so please apply.
After an initial screening, you’ll get an email with a few questions to answer. Following that, you’ll have a few 30 minute phone chats with different people on our team to learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the position and company.
If this goes well, we’ll invite you to join our team and start your 60-day paid trial period. During this period you’ll work full-time as a contractor, or part-time on nights/weekends if you already have a full-time position.
This gives you an opportunity to make sure you enjoy the work and the team, and it gives us an opportunity to evaluate your work. We’ll have regular chats each week to share feedback and make sure we’re on the same page. At the end of the trial, you’ll be offered a permanent position.
Here are some benefits we’re happy to offer to our full-time team members:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive for meeting team and company goals
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Medical insurance for US residents and their families (reimbursements for comparable care for non-US residents)
- Work flexible hours from anywhere that has a reliable internet connection, bunny slippers and all!
- Tools (hardware/software) to help you be productive
- Allowance for professional growth (books, courses, conferences)
How to Apply:
- Write a cover letter that starts with, “If I could be any animal, I’d be… because…” (all standard, boring cover letters will be rejected).
- Give me two examples of how you helped someone with a difficult problem – one where the interaction was totally positive, and one where there was some conflict (and how you resolved it).
- Our business revolves around the WordPress platform, give me a recent example of a bug you saw with a WordPress site or plug-in and how you fixed it.
- Tell me what great movie you’ve seen recently, and why you liked it.
- Tell me why this position interests you. What do you think this role can offer you (besides a paycheck)?
- Attach, or include in the body of the email: your resume, salary requirements, and a link to your website (if applicable).
If you’re ready to work with us to make some magic, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (put “Client Success Specialist” in the subject line).
I can’t wait to hear from you!