- This event has passed.
SD Book Club (online via video)
September 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
This book club meeting is complete! Check out below for videos:
Join us for the Support Driven book club! We are reading Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High. We’ll cover the book in 4 sessions, with each session covering 2-3 chapters. Sessions will take place on alternating Fridays at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern. Participation in earlier chapter discussions is not required:
Sep 14: Chapters 1-3
- TODAY! Sep 28: Chapters 4-6
- Oct 12: Chapters 7-9
- Oct 26: Chapters 10-11
If you’d like to join in, DM Andrea Badgley in the Support Driven Slack (@andreabadgley) and she will send you a calendar invitation with a Zoom link. We will record these sessions for publication on the blog for folks who aren’t able to join live.
Andrea will run the first session, which will cover chapters 1-3 of Crucial Conversations. We’d love this to be a community project, so If you’d be interested in leading a session, please DM Andrea and she’ll slot you in. If you need to purchase the book and would like to support SD in the process, please use this affiliate link for the paperback: Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (or this one for the Kindle edition).
These are the typical discussion questions to expect in the call:
- What was your initial reaction?
- Anything in particular that came up for you that you wanted to bring to the group?
- What questions came up while you were reading that you want others’ perspective on?
- What did you find the most surprising or interesting about the chapters?
- What did you like best?
- What did you like least?
- Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out?
- What did you already know about this book’s subject before you read this book?
- What new things did you learn?
- What surprised you?
- What will you do differently as a result of reading this?
- What questions do you still have?
If you’re not in the Support Driven Slack yet, join us here. We can’t wait to talk about this book with you!