Support Driven is building an event in Europe! We are looking for speakers and workshop leaders for this brand new conference, Support Driven Expo Europe, to take place April 1-2, 2019 in Belgrade, Serbia.
For SD Expo Europe 2019, our focus is on actionable takeaways. The event is designed to provide practical skills and knowledge to move attendees’ careers and support operations forward. Every session should have clear takeaways that can be applied right away.
To help our European (and beyond!) community members take the next steps in their careers, we’re organizing two types of sessions. SD Expo Europe will include Talks: one or two persons speaking on a topic while attendees listen, and Workshops: a more interactive experience where attendees engage with the material in the session to immediately practice and apply what they are learning.
- Are 20 minutes long
- Include action items that attendees can take back to their company
- Tie into the theme of leveling up; you want your Talk to provide next steps, and get attendees energized to accomplish something new.
- Are 45 minutes long
- Provide attendees the opportunity to do: to interact and engage with a new tool, process, or other activity that can help them level up.
- Are primarily group or individual activity based; participation is the key ingredient to a workshop’s success.
What you’ll get as a session leader
- A complimentary SD Expo Europe conference ticket.
- Opportunity to be buddied with a peer speaker for feedback.
- Guidance from Talk and Workshop Editors.
Your commitments if you get invited to speak
- You (or your employer) will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
- You will follow our code of conduct.
- We may use your name, photo, and company name to promote the conference.
- We may record your talk and slides (audio, video, photography) for use in social media, marketing, sales and distribution.
- December 10, 2018 –- Proposals due
- December 31 –- You’ll hear from us about your proposal, either way
- February 25 — Complete a practice run of presentation with editor or buddy
- March 4 — Slides (talks) and supply-lists (workshops) due
- April 1-2 –- THE FIRST EVER SUPPORT DRIVEN EXPO EUROPE!
The proposal process is open to all – proposals will be reviewed by our organizers. Feel free to submit more than one proposal if you have more than one idea for a presentation.
Ready? Apply to Speak!
If you’re wondering what the European Support Driven community is keen to learn about, these are the top responses to the survey question, “What topics would you like to see the most at the conference?” If you look at the word cloud at the top of this post, you’ll see that How-to frequently appeared, so be sure to keep actionable, how-to takeaways in mind when writing your proposal.
- Career Paths & Progression
- Management & Leadership
- Communication & Language
- Data, Metrics, & Reporting
- Industry Trends & Future of Support
- Tools, Best Practices, & Workflows
- Remote work
- Working with Product
- Customer Experience
- Documentation & Knowledge Management
If you’re ready to help the Support Driven community grow professionally and improve personally, and you’re excited to join us in Belgrade in April 2019, submit your talk or workshop proposal below!
Thinking about applying and want to bounce ideas off of others? Join us in the #event-sd-expo-europe or #speaking channels in the Support Driven Slack. If you’re not a member of the Slack yet, join here.