SUPCONF Fall 2017 is coming to Atlanta on November 6-7 and we want to hear your ideas!
We’re looking for talks that fit within the 4 themes we have for SUPCONF Fall 2017 –
Support is what we do and there’s always room for better ways to deliver a great customer experience.
- Preventing burnout
- Hiring for support
- Providing support across multiple channels
Changing The Conversation Around Support
The role of support is changing within companies and across departments and there’s a lot we can learn from what’s working and not working with these changes.
- Working with other teams
- Proactive support
- Taking on non-support responsibilities
Working With Data
Data is everywhere and effectively working with it is a part of what’s expected of us.
- Making sense of NPS and CSAT
- Connecting revenue and support
- Budgeting and forecasting
Building A Career In Support
Learn how your peers in the industry are navigating and advancing their careers and the skills they’re using to do so.
- Effective communication styles
- Developing career paths within support
About The Talk Development Program
Whether you have prior speaking experience or not, we’re dedicated to working with you to deliver an amazing speech that will help you win friends and influence people. You’ll be speaking in front of some of the best folks in support – who work at companies like Automattic, Basecamp, DigitalOcean, and more.
If you’re invited to participate in the talk development program, we think you have the potential to deliver an amazing talk. To help you realize that potential, we pair you with an editor who works with you to refine and revise your talk for our audience.
What you’ll get as a speaker
- Editorial assistance in developing your ideas and story through our talk development program
- A complimentary conference ticket
- An invitation to a speaker dinner before the event
Your commitments if you get invited to speak
- You (or your employer) will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
- You will follow our code of conduct.
- We may use your name and photo to promote the conference.
- We may record your talk and slides (audio, video, photography) for use in social media, marketing, sales and distribution.
- July 18 – Proposal Form Opens
- August 4 – Proposal Form Closed
- August 18 – You’ll hear from us about your proposal
- September – Meet your editor
- October 10 – Share an audio recording of an early draft of your talk
- October 24 – Send in your final slides
- November 6-7 – SUPCONF Fall 2017
The proposal process is open to all – proposals will be anonymized and reviewed by our talk editors. Feel free to submit more than one proposal if you have more than one idea for a talk.
Please note that if you work for a company that sells a product related to the topic you submit, your proposal will not be accepted.
Talk proposals will be closed on August 4th and you’ll hear from us by August 18th.