I have decided that meeting new people is perhaps the hardest thing about being an Adult. For me personally, making connections with new people isn’t a skill I seem to have carried over from childhood.
I am more of this type of person:
New Person: Hi! I am Tom! What is your name?
Me: Uh… (brain totally freezes) I like french fries?
I can’t be the only one here.
There are so many awesome people in the Support Driven community. We’d like to help you make these connections easily – from the comfort of Slack.
Enter: Donut Bot
Donut is a Slackbot which will take the hard work out of meeting fellow community members. Donut allows you to opt-in to being paired up with another Support Driven member each month.
This pairing allows you to get to know each other better, and make friends and connections with other Support Driven members.
We’re excited to see how these connections grow and shape folks in the community!
How it works
- If you would like to participate, the only thing you have to do is join the Slack channel #meet-sd.
- You are free to join and leave this channel at any time. If you leave the channel, you aren’t paired up until you join again. This is handy if you’re going on vacation, or if you know you have a busy few weeks coming up.
- Donut automatically pairs the folks who are in the channel on Monday, once every 4 weeks.
- Once paired, it creates a private group chat between Donut, you and another community member.
- You all are paired for the month, and can chat in the private channel Donut created for you. Note – Donut is built for those who work together, so it suggest you get coffee together – obviously this won’t be possible for folks here.
- You can talk about Customer Support, your current work, your personal hobbies, or anything in between. We’ll also add some suggested topics to the #meet-sd channel to help you along in your chat.
You can feel free to chat with the person you’re paired with once during the month, or a few times – whatever fits your schedules the best. If you have an awesome connection, we’d love to hear about it in the #good-news channel!
Once you finish your chat that month, there isn’t anything else you need to do. Donut will automatically pair everyone in the #meet-sd channel again in 4 weeks.